New Email Alerts and Processed Reports
Earthquakes Located by Earthworm
Earthworm Setup Information
New - Running Earthworm on a Raspberry Pi Board
Please read the following if you would like to supply data to the PSN Earthworm Network
Images updated every 5 minutes
This channel is not used by Earthworm to locate events. The sensor is a long period device used to view teleseismic earthquakes. USGS Station COS is currently offline as of 11/14/2013.
If you are located in the San Francisco Bay Area and running WinSDR you can help the PSN Earthworm Network locate earthquakes better by sending in data from one of your sensor.
Here is a list of requirements:
- Located in the SF Bay Area preferably somewhere in the area of the map above
- You need to run the current beta release of WinSDR
- You will need a full time DSL or Cable Internet connection
- The location of you sensor needs to be accurate. GoogleEarth or GPS should be used to get the latitude, longitude and height of your station
- A short-period vertical sensor like a 1 Hz or 4.5 Hz geophone is preferred but any sensor the can record the P wave of an event will work
- A GPS receiver must be connected to the ADC board
- WinSDR needs to be configured to record data at 50 Samples Per Second or higher
If you meet the criteria above please contact me and I will send you information on how to configure WinSDR system to send in your data to our system.
[ Home ] [ Located Events ] [Station Information] [Setup Information]